What are Writers Boon Payment Plans?
We have two plans you can choose from: the Free Plan and the Annual Plan. If you choose the Free plan you must offer a minimum of 15% discount to Writers Boon member authors. For the Annual plan this restriction does not apply.
What payment types do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal. This includes debit cards that bear the Visa or MasterCard logo.
How can I change the credit card I use for purchases?
On the payment screen, simply click on "Change payment method" and add a new credit card. By the way, we do not store your credit card, our secure payment processor does. We only store your Billing Info found under Vendor Profile.
Can I write this off on my taxes? Where do I get a receipt?
This service may be tax-deductible; please check with your tax advisor.
To receive a detailed invoice, follow the steps:
- Go to My Account section (it’s in the Top Menu) → Vendor Home → Orders.
- Click on the Invoice for the Order # you’d like to print the receipt for.
How can I list my business on Writers Boon?
- Sign Up or Login.
- Go to Vendors Home (it’s in the Footer) → Create Vendor Profile.
- Go to My Listings → Create New Listing → Follow the wizard.
Note: Before creating a new listing, please make sure you have read our Submission Guidelines (in the Help menu).
How Many Listings Can I Create?
You can create only one FREE listing.
There is no limit to the number of PAID listings that you can create.
How many types of listings there are to choose from?
There are only 2 types of listings to choose from: Paid and Free.
If you choose the Free listing you must offer a minimum of 15% discount to Writers Boon member authors. For the Paid listing this restriction does not apply.
What topic should I choose for my listing?
It depends on the type of service / product you sell.
There are 5 main areas: Get Started, Write, Publish, Promote and Sell Your Book.
Each area has a number of topics.
Most topics are organized on Experts, Tools & Apps and How-To Guides.
- If you are an individual expert or a company providing expert services on that topic you should place your listing under Experts.
- If your business designed a software application for that topic you should place your listing under Tools & Apps.
- If you have written a book, a blog post, conduct online courses or create webinars or podcasts, for that topic you should place your listing under How-To Guides.
You will find a description for each area, topic and subtopic, once you click on it.
Make sure you place your ad under the relevant Area, Topic and Subtopic so that you can appear in the most relevant search results.
To help you, if we find that your listing will do better under a different topic than the one you’ve chosen, we might suggest a different one in our communication with you.
My business provides different types of services. Can the same listing appear under different topics?
No. You'll need to create different listings for each topic.
Can I add a YouTube video to my listings?
Yes, just follow the steps:
- Go to your video on YouTube and copy the link.
- Paste the link on the Listing Details page under YouTube video.
Is offering a discount mandatory?
Yes, if you choose the Free listing. No, if you choose the Paid Annual listing.
How do I add my Listing logo?
1. Go to Vendors Home → My listings → Listing Details → Logo
Please make sure the logo meets our specifications. This helps ensure files are processed correctly the first time.
You can upload a .jpeg, .png, .gif file. Max file size is 1Mb.
How do I remove my Listing logo?
1. Go to Vendors Home → My listings → Listing Details → Remove Logo
Can I make changes to my Listing Details? How?
Yes, you can make changes to your listing details until the listing becomes active for the first time. How? Simple:
- Go to Listing Details → Return to Draft
- Make the changes
- Submit for Approval.
Once the listing starts to run (becomes Active), you can only change the pricing or discount.
Can I make changes to my Pricing? How?
Yes, you can make changes to your Pricing at any time:
- Go to My Listings.
- Click on the listing.
- Change the Pricing Info.
Note: You do not need to resubmit the listing for approval.
How long does it take for you to approve my ad?
We're pretty snappy. We usually try to review your ad in one day. However, it may take us up to two business days.
My business has closed down / I have too many authors. Can I remove my listing?
You can Delete your listing at any time, before it runs or while it’s running.
- Go to My Listings → choose the Listing you want to delete
- Go to Listing Details → Delete Listing. It will not show again.
If I delete my listing, will I get a refund?
You are not paying for a listing. You are paying for a campaign. Please read below the question referring to campaign refunds.
Once I submit a listing and it has been approved, can I stop it from showing? How?
If the campaign hasn’t started yet, you can delete it.
- Go to My Listings → click on the Listing for which you want to delete the campaign
- Go to Campaigns → Edit → Delete Campaign.
If the campaign has started, you can stop the listing and resume it at a later date if you wish. However, the listing will not show beyond the initial end date.
- Go to My Listings → click on the Listing which you wish to stop
- Click on the Stop button.
Will my listings appear on mobile devices?
Yes, our application is built using responsive design. This means it is optimized for all devices including desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile.
Can I contact authors directly?
No. You cannot initiate contact through our internal messaging system. Only authors can contact you. Once the authors contact you, you will get an email and you can reply to them.
How can I reply to authors once they contact me?
- Go to Vendor Messages in the Top Menu.
- Click on the message you want to reply to.
- Reply and Send.
How can I track the effectiveness of my advertising?
On the left-hand side of the Vendor’s Home, click on the Dashboard feature to see the number of authors who viewed your ad as well as how many of them added your ad to their favorites list.
What do I get notifications about?
As a vendor, you will be notified when:
- Your campaign is about to end
- Your upcoming campaign is not paid
- The authors contacted you
- Your listing has been approved / rejected
- One of your listings has been reviewed
- A question that relates to the topic of one of your active listings has been asked on the Q&A section.
I noticed a few different Listing Statuses under My Listings. Can you explain what each of them means?
We sure can:
- Draft means you are still in the process of filling out your Listing Details.
- Pending Approval means you have submitted your listing to us for approval and we are looking into it.
- Approved means your listing has been approved.
- Returned to Draft means your listing has been returned to Draft status so you can make changes to it.
- Scheduled means your listing has been approved and is scheduled to start at midnight EST.
- Active means your listing is running.
- Stopped means your listing was running, but it has been stopped by you. You can choose to resume it any time.
- Ended means that the year you have paid for has ended.
Why was my listing rejected?
Can I change the size of the fonts on the screen?
The size of the fonts depends on your browser zoom level. If you’d like to change the size of the fonts, please adjust them from the browser menu. Alternatively, hold down CTRL key and hit the +/- keys.
Who can respond to the questions asked in the Q&A section?
Any vendor with an active listing can reply to the questions.
Just hit the Respond button and share your professional expertise. It is to your advantage to give answers to as many questions as you can so that you build authority and trust.
How do I create my Vendor Profile?
- Sign up. It's quick, easy and FREE.
- Go to Vendors Home (it’s in the Footer) and fill out your Vendor Profile.
How do I edit my Vendor Profile?
- Go to Your account (in the Top Menu) → Vendor’s Home → Vendor profile
- Make the changes.
Can I edit my Vendor Profile while the listing is running? Will the listing be updated?
You can change at any time any information under your Vendor Profile. All your listings will be updated automatically in real time.
Can I add / remove Vendor managers? How?
Yes. Vendor Managers must be registered users and have all the powers that the vendors have. You can add as many managers as you like.
- Go to Vendor Profile → Vendor Managers.
- Search the user’s email.
- Once found, click the Add button.
- If you want to remove them, click on the Remove button next to their name.
Can I write reviews for my own listings or post reviews on my clients behalf?
Will I receive alerts when a new review about my listings is published?
Yes, if you choose to. In your Vendor profile there is a section - Email Alerts. If you want to get notified whenever a new review about one of your listings is published, choose Yes.
Can I reply to a review left for one of my listings? How?
- Go to My Listings → Click on the listing that got the review.
- Under Listing Details → Click on the Reviews tab.
- View Review → Reply → Submit.
Once you submit your reply, we will approve it within 48 hours and post it.
Your response must be:
- courteous, truthful, objective and helpful
- written in English
- thorough and thoughtful.
Your response must not:
- be in contempt of court (contain references to legal cases currently before court )or otherwise violate any relevant law or right of any other party
- contain, bad language, swear words, defamatory comments or derogatory material. Derogatory material includes anything racist, sexist or homophobic
- be infringing, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, obscene, profane, hateful, offensive, harmful, vulgar, distasteful
- contain any HTML tags or any links to other websites.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, and without any notice, to choose not to publish your response and to remove any response at our sole discretion, and without any notice after the response has been published if it does not meet our criteria.
How do I respond to negative reviews?
Remember not every business will get good reviews all the time. The best way to deal with negative reviews is to respond quickly and turn a negative into a positive.
If appropriate, apologise for their experience, and address the issue. By doing this, people are likely to see a visible demonstration of how much you care about your clients satisfaction through your response and actions.
Comment on both good and bad reviews.
Will my response show right away?
If I delete a listing, will I lose the reviews attached to it?
Yes, the reviews are linked to a listing, not to a vendor.
If you create a new listing later on, there will be no reviews.
If I ask you, will you remove the negative reviews for my listings?