Protecting your privacy
Birmat Consulting Pty Ltd ("us", "we", or "our") operates the http://www.writersboon.com website (the "Service")
Please do not submit your information to us if you do not agree to our collection and use of information.
Q: What Information do you collect and hold?
A: While using our Service, we might typically collect and store Information such as, but not limited to:
- Personal information: your name, address, phone numbers, email, banking and credit card details that you provide by filling in forms on our site and otherwise in our correspondence;
- Details your browser sends whenever you visit our site: your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, search criteria you are using, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on pages, web log, the Service username and password;
- We may use third party services such as Google Analytics and others that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service's functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with their policy.
Q: How do you collect and hold Information?
A: We gather your information in a lawful and fair way in a number of ways. These include, but are not limited to:
- directly from you through our Service
- from other parties (like your representatives, social media sites)
- from public sources
- from your visits and clicks on our web pages or social media presences, and
- when we’re required to do so by law.
In some circumstances, if you don’t provide us with your Information, we may not be able to help you with what you need.
Q: How do you use my personal information?
A: We use this Information for purposes, such as, but not limited to:
- operate the Service and carry out our obligations arising from it such as: carry out checks, communicate with you, notify you, respond to your requests/inquiries, manage and improve our services, help prevent fraud and scams, servicing your purchase orders
- promote and market services that may be of interest to you (sometimes even after you leave us). You may opt out of receiving any, or all, marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe link in any direct marketing email we send
- notify you about changes to our site.
Q: When do you disclose my Information?
A: We might disclose your personal information to other organizations. When we do this, we take all reasonable steps to keep your information secure. Such organizations might be:
- your authorised representatives or advisers (when you ask us to)
- credit-reporting and fraud-prevention organisations
- our professional advisers
- government, regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required by law
- organisations who manage our business
- companies involved in a sale of our company.
We also require our service providers, who have access to your Information to comply with privacy and confidentiality obligations to help protect your information. These service providers may be based locally or overseas. They help us with tasks like:
- customer inquiries
- information technology
- data verification
- managing your advertising
- marketing and sales
- market research, and
- website use analysis.
Q: When might you transfer my Information outside of Australia?
A: Your personal information might be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of Australia. Most of the time, those computers will be located in the Unites States of America. This is usually, but not exclusively for information management, storage purposes, hosting. By submitting your Information to us your agree to that transfer.
Q: How do you handle cookies?
Sometimes cookies collect and store personal information about you. We treat this information in the same way as any other personal information. If this isn’t something you’re interested in, you can always disable cookies in your browser or warn you when they’re being used. However, if you do disable cookies, you might not be able to use some features of our websites or experience extra features.We recommend that you leave them turned on.
We may also collect and manage your internet protocol (IP) address. We use your IP address to provide internet session management and uncover any misuse or fraudulent activities. It’s collected from our websites, and we may sometimes use third parties to analyse it.
Q: What about Children’s Privacy?
Only persons age 13 or older have permission to access or use our Service. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. By using our Service you agree that you are over the age of 13.
Q: What happens with my privacy on third party sites?
Q: How can I correct my personal information?
A: We do everything we can to make sure the personal information we handle is correct, complete and current. But if you do spot an error, please go to your user / vendor profile and edit it.
Q: Who should I address my question or complaint to?
A : If you have any question or concerns, please contact us.
We’ll investigate and respond in writing within 30 days from the date of receiving your complaint. If your concern is related to Content or Review on the Website which, in your opinion, is in breach of any laws, or contains unlawful, infringing or offensive activity, the content subject to complaint may remain active on the http://www.writersboon.com website during the 30 days. In this period, We reserves the right, at any time, to temporarily or permanently remove the content subject to complaint. We may or may not send our findings in writing to you.
Policy last updated: October 1st, 2016